Wyclef Jean, Ban-Ki Moon, & Bill Clinton Travel to Haiti to Raise Global Awareness
Port au Prince, Haiti -- Haiti Goodwill Ambassador Wyclef Jean arrived in Port au Prince yesterday with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton in an effort to bring worldwide awareness to Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Haiti, which has been hit by a series of devastating storms over the past year, desperately needs help after more than 800 people died and over 1 million people were left homeless or in desperate need of recovery and reconstruction efforts.
Jean, who is from Haiti and has led in efforts to help rebuild, educate, and create jobs with his Yéle Haiti foundation was invited to accompany the former President and Secretary-General tour the region. “I was honored to show my support when they asked me to join them on this important humanitarian trip which also gave them the opportunity to experience the beauty underneath the devastation my country and its people have had to face. It’s crucial for me to do all I can to raise awareness and help Haiti get through this tough time.”
Written by richard on 03/13/09
You Might Like...
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.