Wyclef Jean Announces “Together For Haiti” [Exclusive Coverage]
Article by Mikey Fresh
New York, NY -- Sony recording artist Wyclef Jean and his foundation, Yele Haiti, have responded to the continued food shortage crisis in Haiti.
Alongside several other organizations, the Yele Haiti has formed “Together For Haiti,” an alliance that includes three major humanitarian organizations. Joined as one, they are committed to providing food, creating jobs, and supporting local agriculture for the impoverished country.
For the greater good of Haiti, the alliance is trying to send an urgent message to individuals, companies, and foundations who want to make an immediate difference in Haiti through donations.
“The Food crisis we’ve seen develop in Haiti over the last sixty days is more serious than any emergency I’ve seen over my years of work with the country. Even where food is available, the citizens of Haiti do not have the resources to buy it – and we must take immediate action. I’m confident that through the commitment of these three powerful organizations, Together for Haiti will rise to meet this urgent challenge and provide direct relief to the people,” said Together for Haiti founding member, international recording artist and social Entrepreneur, Wyclef Jean.
Together For Haiti’s main goals are:
• Targeted Food Distribution
• Immediate Employment Creation
• Micro-Enterprise Grants
• Seed, Fertilizer, and Training
More From Wyclef Jean
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.