Wyclef Jean Announces “Together For Haiti” [Exclusive Coverage]
Article by Mikey Fresh
New York, NY -- Sony recording artist Wyclef Jean and his foundation, Yele Haiti, have responded to the continued food shortage crisis in Haiti.
Alongside several other organizations, the Yele Haiti has formed “Together For Haiti,” an alliance that includes three major humanitarian organizations. Joined as one, they are committed to providing food, creating jobs, and supporting local agriculture for the impoverished country.
For the greater good of Haiti, the alliance is trying to send an urgent message to individuals, companies, and foundations who want to make an immediate difference in Haiti through donations.
“The Food crisis we’ve seen develop in Haiti over the last sixty days is more serious than any emergency I’ve seen over my years of work with the country. Even where food is available, the citizens of Haiti do not have the resources to buy it – and we must take immediate action. I’m confident that through the commitment of these three powerful organizations, Together for Haiti will rise to meet this urgent challenge and provide direct relief to the people,” said Together for Haiti founding member, international recording artist and social Entrepreneur, Wyclef Jean.
Together For Haiti’s main goals are:
• Targeted Food Distribution
• Immediate Employment Creation
• Micro-Enterprise Grants
• Seed, Fertilizer, and Training
Written by Mikey Fresh on 05/21/08
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.