Wyclef Jean Announces “Together For Haiti” [Exclusive Coverage]
Article by Mikey Fresh
New York, NY -- Sony recording artist Wyclef Jean and his foundation, Yele Haiti, have responded to the continued food shortage crisis in Haiti.
Alongside several other organizations, the Yele Haiti has formed “Together For Haiti,” an alliance that includes three major humanitarian organizations. Joined as one, they are committed to providing food, creating jobs, and supporting local agriculture for the impoverished country.
For the greater good of Haiti, the alliance is trying to send an urgent message to individuals, companies, and foundations who want to make an immediate difference in Haiti through donations.
“The Food crisis we’ve seen develop in Haiti over the last sixty days is more serious than any emergency I’ve seen over my years of work with the country. Even where food is available, the citizens of Haiti do not have the resources to buy it – and we must take immediate action. I’m confident that through the commitment of these three powerful organizations, Together for Haiti will rise to meet this urgent challenge and provide direct relief to the people,” said Together for Haiti founding member, international recording artist and social Entrepreneur, Wyclef Jean.
Together For Haiti’s main goals are:
• Targeted Food Distribution
• Immediate Employment Creation
• Micro-Enterprise Grants
• Seed, Fertilizer, and Training
Written by Mikey Fresh on 05/21/08
You Might Like...
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.