Wiz Khalifa & French Montana Rock the 2012 Heineken Red Star Access Tour
What I enjoy most about being a writer is experiencing an artist's live show, because it allows you to get an idea of who the artist is as a person as well as a performer. Of the many events I’ve attended over the last few years, I can attest that the best concerts usually occur when sponsored by a well-regarded liquor brand, since they have enough clout and capital to book the hottest venues with today’s most popular recording artists.
In fact, my most memorable experiences come from attending Heineken, my favorite beer’s annual Red Star Access Tour Series. On September 15, 2012, the Heineken Red Star Access tour traveled to Pier 36 in New York City, and was hosted by Affion Crockett and featured performances by Taylor Gang’s Wiz Khalifa and Bad Boy’s French Montana.
Frenchy strolled on stage with his coke boy ways, blowing through what felt like a few birds as his 35-minute set included I’m a Coke Boy and Straight Off The Boat, while Taylor Gang’s Wiz Khalifa wrapped things up with a selection of fan favorites.
In addition to Heineken’s performances, guests such as Roc Nation’s Bridget Kelly were treated to entertainment stations, equipped with gaming zones that featured the latest EA video games; a photography station that displayed photos on stage; and an audio mixing area powered by the DJ app, Algoriddim. Free gear from Heineken's partnerships with New Era, Black Apple, Rocksmith and Diamond Supply, was also given to fans before the night ended.
Props: Jon Simon Daily & Team Epiphany
Written by Ru Porter on 09/19/12
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.