Watch the Throne Footnote
* Hey look, it’s my first footnote in DJBooth history. Accurate total sales stats are a harder to to come up with than you might think, but Jay’s sold approximately 50 million albums and Kanye 12 million, which puts their combined 62 million well ahead of any other rap duo. Ironically, the biggest collaborative album by two artists period is Jay and R. Kelly’s Unfinished Business, while the biggest collaborative album by a group belongs to classic-rock quartet The Travelling Wilbury’s, depending on much credit you give George Harrison for The Beatles' sales.
Go back to the review of Watch the Throne.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/31/03
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.