Wale & Mikkey Halsted Perform at SuccezZ x Sprite Green Event [Exclusive Video]
Chicago, IL -- On Friday, NBA ballplayer Bobby Simmons of the New Jersey Nets celebrated the one-year anniversary of his clothing company, SuccezZ, with a Sprite Green-sponsored concert and party. Local favorite Mikkey Halsted performed with Lupe Fiasco's new band, Hey Champ, and D.C. newcomer Wale brought the house down with a 30 minute set that included previous Booth features "Nike Boots," "Back In The Go Go," "Chillin," and "Pretty Girls."
Video footage of both performances are below. Later this week, we will feature an exclusive, behind-the-scenes sit down interview with Wale, conducted by DJ Z just minutes before the artist hit the stage.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/09
You Might Like...
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.