Wale & Mikkey Halsted Perform at SuccezZ x Sprite Green Event [Exclusive Video]
Chicago, IL -- On Friday, NBA ballplayer Bobby Simmons of the New Jersey Nets celebrated the one-year anniversary of his clothing company, SuccezZ, with a Sprite Green-sponsored concert and party. Local favorite Mikkey Halsted performed with Lupe Fiasco's new band, Hey Champ, and D.C. newcomer Wale brought the house down with a 30 minute set that included previous Booth features "Nike Boots," "Back In The Go Go," "Chillin," and "Pretty Girls."
Video footage of both performances are below. Later this week, we will feature an exclusive, behind-the-scenes sit down interview with Wale, conducted by DJ Z just minutes before the artist hit the stage.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/09
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)