Wale & Mikkey Halsted Perform at SuccezZ x Sprite Green Event [Exclusive Video]
Chicago, IL -- On Friday, NBA ballplayer Bobby Simmons of the New Jersey Nets celebrated the one-year anniversary of his clothing company, SuccezZ, with a Sprite Green-sponsored concert and party. Local favorite Mikkey Halsted performed with Lupe Fiasco's new band, Hey Champ, and D.C. newcomer Wale brought the house down with a 30 minute set that included previous Booth features "Nike Boots," "Back In The Go Go," "Chillin," and "Pretty Girls."
Video footage of both performances are below. Later this week, we will feature an exclusive, behind-the-scenes sit down interview with Wale, conducted by DJ Z just minutes before the artist hit the stage.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.