Video: What If Mos Def Were President?
On a new video courtesy of Good Magazine, Mos Def clues viewers in on the policies he would put in place were he chosen as Head of State. The emcee's radical proposals include universal healthcare, a 10% flat tax for all Americans, mandatory community service for the rich, and a 100-year ban on the word "shortie."
The industry vet, whose fourth album, The Ecstatic, is set to drop on February 10th, 2009, believes these political decisions would add up to "Life in Marvelous Times for Americans - what do you think?
Written by richard on 11/3/08
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.