Upper Playground Releases Exclusive Herbert Baglione Collection (Look & Buy!)
Having recently hit you with fresh new Sam Flores shirts and an exclusive New Era cap, as part of its continuing partnership with supremely fresh Bay Area clothing company Upper Playground, DJBooth is proud to bring you the latest addition to the Upper Playground collection: a capsule collection from acclaimed Brazilian artist Herbert Baglione. Herbert is known for his ornate, ethereal style and this style is incorporated into all the pieces of the capsule collection.
The first part of the capsule is a hand-made wooden night-stand box with a screen printed Herbert Baglione print mounted on the top, only 50 have been made. Every detail of the box adheres to the same intricate detail that Herbert puts into his artwork, and Francisco Robles (master furniture designer and woodworker) aimed to complement the artwork with his hand construction of the boxes. Using a selection of alder and poplar woods which have been finished to a furniture grade, Francisco added his own collaborative touch to Herbert’s artwork and “crafted the edging to mirror the uniform molding that is found in many older San Francisco apartments.” The Herbert Baglione print finishes off the box and is screen-printed onto thin archival cougar white paper which has then been mounted and coated with a light satin lacquer finish.
The rest of the capsule is composed of three t-shirts (Mulher, Crime and Cabeca) featuring Herbert’s subtle yet striking work on our premium line t-shirts, which are made of a softer, finer cotton and have a slightly slimmer fit.
The capsule, or the box and t-shirts separately, along with the full line of Upper Playground gear, can be purchased at DJBooth and Upper Playground's exclusive online store, here.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/21/10
You Might Like...
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.