Universal Republic’s SHOP BOYZ ‘Party Like a Rockstar’ #1 Ringtone in U.S.
NEW YORK, NY -- OnDeck/Universal Republic Records Atlanta trio, SHOP BOYZ, have scored the #1 Ringtone in the country with their smash multi-format hit “Party Like A Rockstar.”
The electrifying single, which many critics have anointed as the ‘next level’ of hip hop, has rocketed toward the top of urban radio, simultaneously holding down the #1 selling slot with the nation’s leading ringtone distributors and wireless carriers, topping the mobile music charts of Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, Boost, and Jamster.
SHOP BOYZ amazing quadruple score is virtually unprecedented for a debut artist entering the portable and digital music market prior to the launch of their album. Their much anticipated debut effort, Rockstar Mentality, is scheduled for release on June 19.
“Party Like A Rockstar”, which hit radio in early April, was the 2nd most added single the week of its kickoff. The video for the track has already been added to MTV2, MTV Jams, MTV Hits, BET and BET Rap City.
Launched by OnDeck Records, SHOP BOYZ’ initial breakthrough was forged by Atlanta label’s CEO, Brian ‘Bingo’ Ward, who guided the groundbreaking trio’s rapid trajectory into the mainstream. The group’s three members, Fat, Meany, and Sheed hail from the Bankhead area of Atlanta, one of the city’s most fertile spawning grounds for cutting edge hip hop.
IN STORES JUNE 19
Written by DJ Z on 05/21/07
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.