Twista Takes Get Money Gang to EMI; “Category F5” to Drop June 16
New York, NY -- The Windy City's own Twista has brought his Get Money Gang Entertainment label to EMI Global Music Services. The first project under the new partnership is the rapper's sixth studio album, Category F5.
The upcoming album not only reunites Twista with Toxic and his original Adrenaline Rush collaborator, the Legendary Traxster, but also teams him for the first time with such talented producers as Jim Jonsin, the Tastemakers, STREETRUNNER and GoodWill and MGI. Featured guests include Kanye West, Akon, Busta Rhymes, Fat Joe, Tech N9ne, Static Major and Bobby V, the latter of whom appears on the standout rhythmic crossover track, "She Got It."
Preceding the album's June 16, 2009 release is the buzz track "Wetter," available for digital download on Feb. 24. With its smooth chorus and Twista's signature fast pace, "Wetter" reprises the witty magic of the rapper's 1997 single "Get It Wet " off his Big Beat/Atlantic Records debut, Adrenaline Rush. "Wetter" is already up and running at WPWX in Chicago, where the song immediately went into power rotation.
As he gears up for the release of Category F5, Twista notes, "The hustle never stops. Over the last couple of years, I've just been thinking about what the fans want from me. And that was motivation enough to bring out another classic album."
Written by richard on 02/26/09
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.