This Week in Hype Podcast: The Torae Edition
I know, I know, the new "This Week in Hype" podcast is a day earlier than usual. But I'll be travelling this Friday and I didn't want to leave you without some podcasty goodness. So for this week's slightly early edition, I had to bring on consummate New York City emcee Torae to talk about where Lil Wayne belongs on the all-time greatest list, the emergence of Joey Bada$$ and the resurgence of NYC hip-hop and more.
If you're a fan of weak rappers you should definitely not follow Torae, and take precisely zero listens to his new "Admission of Guilt" mixtape. On the other hand, if you dig that raw, unfiltered lyricism, you need to start digging into his catalog. I highly recommend For the Record.
Discussed This Week:
* Shots fired at J-Live.
* Where Does Lil Wayne Belong on the All-Time Best Rappers List?
* Three level punchlines.
* How underrated Fabolous is.
* The return of NYC hip-hop, why NYC hip-hop never left.
* This week's closing song, Jay-Z' "Anything". And my apologies to Torae, the sample on "Anything" does indeed come from "Oliver".
And "This Week in Hype" is now on iTunes! Go subscribe and rate the shit our of that motherfucker. Thank you for the support.
Check Out Previous Episodes Here.
This article originally appeared on RefinedHype.com, which has now merged with The DJBooth. For more info, click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/28/13
You Might Like...
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.