This Week in Hype: The Pancakes vs. Waffles Roundtable
This week I was in NYC for the yearly DJBooth get together and considered just doing the same ol'
boring amazeballs podcast. But then I realized it'd be, well, about another year before this particular collection of internet talent was in the same room, and I take advantage accordingly.
So I semi-kinda-proudly present to you, the very first roundtable edition of "This Week in Hype". Joining me were DJ Z (aka @djbooth), Dave Macli (aka @djboothceo), Taylor (@djTGUT) and of course y'all know Lucas (@LGarrison88). And considering that I had just learned the "Pancakes vs. Waffles" game, it was only right we played it for the podcast. It'll all make sense once you hear it, I promise.
Discussed This Week:
* Tino came through with a new theme song and it's fucking great. You should follow Tino and hear Tino's story in full on the podcast.
* Pancakes vs. Waffles
* Andre 3000 vs. Big Boi
* Gucci Mane vs. Jesus
* Biggie vs. Pac
* Dilla's Production vs. Kanye's Production
* "Blueprint" vs. "Black Album"
* Destiny's Child vs. TLC
* LA vs. NYC
* This week's closing song, Shyne's "Bad Boyz".
I'll be back next week with the usual format. In the meantime, enjoy this very special motherfucking edition. DJBooth Nation is the greatest.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth, the proprietor of RefinedHype, and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]
Written by Nathan S. on 06/20/14
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.