This Week in Hype: Weezy’s Rap Resurgence, Busta Rhymes’ Legacy & More
Over 200 years ago our forefathers declared America an independent land free from tyranny, thus marking the beginning of freedoms the likes of which the world has never known. And what better way to celebrate than with a rap podcast?
This week, I broadcast live from the luxurious confines of my car to talk about Lil Wayne’s rapping resurgence, Riff Raff’s terrible but maybe great but maybe ok “Neon Icon” album, Busta Rhymes’ hip-hop legacy and more.
Discussed This Week:
* This week, I’m staying at my mother in law’s house so I record the podcast from my car because that’s the realest shit you’ve ever read in your life.
* Sweet baby jesus, Lil Wayne is rapping very dopely again. What’s behind his resurgence?
* Riff Raff’s new “Neon Icon” is the most confusing album of the year, and not in the ways you might expect. I try to make some sort of sense from the insanity.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]
Written by Nathan S. on 07/4/14
Featured In This Article
You Might Like...
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.