This Week in Hype: The First Ever Rap Fantasy Draft With Justin Hunte
I know you had big plans this weekend, cancel them. I want you to just stay at home and listen to the "This Week In Hype" on repeat until you've memorized every word. It's our only hope at making the world a better place.
For the latest edition, I issue a plea to stop making beef out of nothing, dive into the first ever rap fantasy draft with HipHopDX editor in chief Justin Hunte, bring on the wifey and much more.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shout out to RefinedHype Nation member Tino for that dope theme song.
* Another trivia question, another chance to win some fresh gear from the always dope IM King, our official sponsor for August.
* Can we stop calling this...tiff...between Meek Mill and Kendrick Lamar "beef"? Please?
* The first ever Rap Fantasy Draft with Justin Hunte. Rules are simple, every rapper alive is draft-able. Three picks, you're trying to build a label that's both financially lucrative and musically respected. I went with Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West and Chance the Rapper. Justin went with Drake, Lupe Fiasco and Eminem. Hit the comments below with your team.
* Much respect to Justin for coming on. You should follow him here and, of course, check out HipHopDX.
* You've asked for it, I finally delivered; I bring on my wife - who, despite rumors to the contrary, is real - to select this week's closing track. She goes with some baile funk (Brazilian trap music x dance music) - shit kind of bangs though.
I know, I know, this was the best hour of your life. If you'd like more best hours of your life, be sure to subscribe to "This Week in Hype" on iTunes. Thank you.
CHECK OUT PREVIOUS EPISODES HERE.
This article originally appeared on RefinedHype.com, which has now merged with The DJBooth. For more info, click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/13/13
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.