Tweet, Set to Release 3rd Album, “Love, Tweet”
New York, NY -- Gold-selling R&B songstress Tweet is set to release her third (3rd) album, "Love, Tweet" on Jheryl Busby's Umbrella Recordings on April 8, 2008.
Tweet officially came on the music scene in 2002 under the tutelage of the talented Missy Elliott with her first release, the gold-selling "Southern Hummingbird." The top 5 album spawned a #1 hit single with "Oops (Oh My)" a risqué song about self love. Soon-there-after a list of who's who from Madonna to Angie Stone to Mark Ronson called to work with the rising star.
She released her 2nd album, "It's Me Again," in 2005 again with Missy Elliott. "It's Me Again" was a Top 20 album on the Billboard charts and now with her third album, "Love, Tweet," the "King of the South," T.I., lends a hand with Tweet's buzz single "Good Bye My Dear" which he produced and is featured on.
"'Good Bye My Dear' has that Atlanta sound, which I like," says Tweet. "Marz [the producer] called me one night and asked me to come by the studio, Grand Hustle, and it just happened. I always wanted to work with T.I. and didn't know how soon it would happen. But the opportunity came about and I went for it!"
In addition to T.I., "Love,Tweet" features production by producers such as Nisan Stewart (who worked with Tweet and Missy on previous recordings), Warren Campbell, and Novel who has produced the official 1st single "Anymore."
Umbrella Recordings' first release was on five-decade diva Patti Labelle where she released her first gospel album, the #1 charting "The Gospel According to Patti Labelle." The company's second (2nd) release was Carl Thomas' "So Much Better."
"Time will underscore the fact that Tweet is one of the most talented vocal stylists to ever stand behind a mic. Known for her vocal harmonies and strong song writing, Tweet delivers her best most diverse release in her young career," says Jheryl Busby.
Written by DJ Z on 10/18/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.