TJ’s DJ’s, Inc. Announces Lineup for TJ’s DJ’s “Tastemakers Only” Music Conference
Tallahasse, FL -- Today, TJ’s DJ’s, Inc. announced a confirmed lineup of panelists for TJ’s DJ’s “Tastemakers Only” Music Conference to be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel from August 10th – 12th. The confirmed lineup includes Mannie Fresh, Polow da Don, DJ Drama, Play & Skillz, Cool & Dre, DJ Khaled, DJ Irie and Bryan Michael Cox with more to be announced soon. MTV’s Sucker Free television show will also air a recap of the three-day conference in late August.
Founded by music industry veteran Thomas “TJ” Chapman, the conference brings together the music industry’s top brass, southern artists, DJs, record labels, music producers, retailers, models and industry “tastemakers” for networking, panel discussions and sponsored seminars. Events within the conference include panel discussions with music industry professionals, listening suites tailored for aspiring artists, social networking events and private invite-only workshops.
“The conference is really developing into a signature event for the music industry in the South,” declares Chapman. “We have pioneers, legends, moguls, breakthrough producers – everyone who’s at the top of their game – coming through because they want to share their knowledge with aspiring artists. They’ve been able to withstand all of the changes in the business and now they are advising newcomers on maintaining longevity in the game. It’s a beautiful thing.”
In addition to those previously mentioned, expected panelists include The CORE DJs CEO Tony Neal, Cool & Dre, Rap Coalition CEO Wendy Day, Felli Fel, Scarface, Too $hort, Rick Ross, Polo Grounds CEO Bryan Leach, BET's Rap City host DJ Q45, AllHipHop CEOs Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur and "Grouchy" Greg Watkins, MTV Jam's Manager of Music Programming Initiatives Tuma Basa, Bad Boy Records' Senior Director of Promotions Shawn Prez, Interscope/Geffen's Senior VP of A&R Shawn "Tubby" Holiday, among many others.
Written by DJ Z on 07/25/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.