TJ Mizell on “Respect” Mixtape, Jam Master Jay’s Hip-Hop Legacy & More [Exclusive Video Interview]
In the latest of our Outside the Booth series, DJBoothTV's own Jacques Morels catches up with TJ Mizell, the son of the legendary Jam Master Jay, about his new RESPECT mixtape, balancing his hip-hop and electronic influences, and much more. Be on the look out for remixes and new material from TJ coming soon.
Plus, special guest appearances from DMC and M Will the Shogun, the son of DJ Marley Marl.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/12
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.