Timbaland Readies 1st Release on Mosley Music Group Label
NEW YORK, NY -- Proven hitmaker Timbaland has a whole new musical onslaught in store for 2006. This time it's on his new joint venture label with the Interscope/Geffen/A&M (IGA) label group called the Mosley Music Group (MMG).
The Virginia native, who has been behind hits from multi-platinum artists like Missy Elliott ("Get Ur Freak On"), Aaliyah ("One In Million"), Jay-Z ("Big Pimpin," "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"), Justin Timberlake ("Cry Me A River," Snoop Dogg ("Snoop Dogg") and Ludacris ("Roll Out"), among others, will now be producing hits for his own imprint. He will also continue producing other artists as well.
The first project from the newly launched label is for Canadian-born pop artist Nelly Furtado, who is a four-time Grammy nominee, including Song of the Year for her hit "Fly Like A Bird." The songwriter/songbird has been zipping between Toronto and Miami, where Timbaland now lives, recording her follow-up LP to her 2003 Folklore and her 2000 debut Whoa! Nelly.
The first single, "Promiscuous" featuring Timbaland, is a certified dance- floor mover, with a sexy slow vibe -- a definite club jam with that signature Timbaland beat. Just in time for the summer heat, the June 20th single release is Number One in the Country and for sure this summers blockbuster.
R&B artist Keri Hilson, who is also known for writing on Mary J. Blige's Breakthrough, Pussycat Dolls' PCD, B5, and Ushers' The Red Light District, is another artist signed to MMG that Timbaland is executive producing.
"Mosley Music Group is a label where the doors are open to all kinds of music," explains Timbaland and CEO Marcus Spence. The visionary producer is no stranger to Platinum.
From jetting across the world to collaborate with Bjork to producing the upcoming highly anticipated Justin Timberlake album, Timbaland stays at the forefront of contemporary music. He's not just in the mix; he creates the mix.
Please visit us at www.mosleymusicgroup.net/
Written by DJ Z on 07/15/06
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.