T.I. Reveals “Paper Trail,” New Album out August 12
New York, NY -- Grand Hustle/Atlantic recording artist T.I. has unveiled early details of his much-anticipated new album, "PAPER TRAIL." The follow-up to 2007's RIAA platinum-certified "T.I. vs T.I.P." will arrive in stores and at all digital retailers on August 12th.
The multiple Grammy Award-winning rap superstar recently gave fans their first taste of "PAPER TRAIL" with the online premiere of "No Matter What." The track -- produced by Danjahandz (Timbaland, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, Danity Kane) -- is currently streaming exclusively at www.StreetCred.com. "No Matter What" is also on sale digitally via the Atlantic Records Media Store, located at http://store.atlanticrecords.com.
Today, May 7th, BET News will present an exclusive half-hour special, titled "T.I. Speaks." In his first televised interview since a plea bargain on weapon charges, T.I directly answers tough questions from host Toure and a group of at-risk students about his life and future after being sentenced to a year in prison. The ATL-based hip-hop icon details how the ordeal has changed his life and delivers a strong message about decision-making.
"I must be a man and stand up and accept responsibility," T.I. says. "I exercised extremely poor judgment, and for that, I must be willing to pay whatever price that comes before me."
"PAPER TRAIL" follows T.I.'s two previous #1 albums, 2007's "T.I. vs T.I.P." and 2006's RIAA platinum-certified "KING." With an unparalleled track record of hit singles -- including "Top Back," "Big Things Poppin' (Do It)," "Why You Wanna," and the Grammy Award-winning "What You Know" -- T.I. is without question one of hip-hop's greatest stars. In addition to his multiple Grammy Awards, T.I. has been the recipient of a wide variety of honors, including BET Awards, BET Hip-Hop Awards, and Billboard Music Awards.
An accomplished actor as well as a gifted rapper and live performer, T.I. has played acclaimed roles in the major motion pictures "ATL" and "American Gangster." He will be starring in New Line's forthcoming "For Sale," which is being produced by Grand Hustle, and will also make a cameo appearance on the new season of HBO's "Entourage." Other film and TV projects will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
Written by DJ Z on 05/7/08
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.