T.I. Is King at the Grammy Awards; ATL Hip-Hop Superstar Wins Two
NEW YORK, NY -- Grand Hustle/Atlantic recording artist T.I. was among the multiple winners at Sunday night's 49th Annual Grammy Awards, taking home two of the event's most prestigious trophies.
T.I. was the undisputed king of the Grammy's Rap division, scoring the "Best Rap Solo Performance" award for his smash single, "What You Know." The ATL-based superstar also received an additional prize for "Best Rap/Sung Collaboration," marking his alliance with Justin Timberlake on the #1 hit, "My Love." The duo's live performance of the track with "My Grammy Moment" winner Robyn Troup was hailed as one of the evening's true highlights.
The twin Grammys cap off an incredible 2006-7 awards season for T.I., following his triumphs at last year's BET Awards, BET Hip-Hop Awards, and Billboard Music Awards.
"T.I. vs. T.I.P.," the eagerly awaited follow-up to 2006's RIAA platinum-certified, Billboard 200-topping smash, "KING," will be released this summer. XXL Magazine recently ranked the upcoming collection as one of its two most anticipated albums of 2007.
For more information on T.I., visit www.trapmuzik.com
More From T.I.
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.