Freddie Gibbs, Madlib, Blu & More to Play “Through the Mic” Tonight in L.A.!
Legendary emcee Murs has joined forces with L.A. museum LACMA and Cashmere Agency for their new Through the Mic concert series, which will explore contemporary Los Angeles hip hop, with an emphasis on the diversity of L.A.-based artists.
The fifth—and free!—installment features the seemingly unlikely but incredibly dope combination of rap's most gangster emcee Freddie Gibbs and legendary producer Madlib (check out their last DJBooth feature Shame.)
In addition to MadGibbs, the show will also feature Blu and Exile, as well as L.A. underground emcee Nocando. So yeah, it's going to be a pretty huge show. The event is free, but reservations are required, with a limit of two tickets per person. For more information and tickets, click here.
Update: The event is sold out. But with an event this big, you need to do everything you can to make it in. We're just saying...
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/12
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.