Freddie Gibbs, Madlib, Blu & More to Play “Through the Mic” Tonight in L.A.!
Legendary emcee Murs has joined forces with L.A. museum LACMA and Cashmere Agency for their new Through the Mic concert series, which will explore contemporary Los Angeles hip hop, with an emphasis on the diversity of L.A.-based artists.
The fifth—and free!—installment features the seemingly unlikely but incredibly dope combination of rap's most gangster emcee Freddie Gibbs and legendary producer Madlib (check out their last DJBooth feature Shame.)
In addition to MadGibbs, the show will also feature Blu and Exile, as well as L.A. underground emcee Nocando. So yeah, it's going to be a pretty huge show. The event is free, but reservations are required, with a limit of two tickets per person. For more information and tickets, click here.
Update: The event is sold out. But with an event this big, you need to do everything you can to make it in. We're just saying...
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/12
You Might Like...
- See OG Maco, Chuck Inglish, Earlly Mac & More at Zagland (During SXSW)
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.