Theophilus London Celebrates Valentine’s Day at Williamsburg Music Hall [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, N.Y. -- Recent Warner Brother Music signee, Theophilus London, performed at the Williamsburg Music Hall on Valentines Day, February 14, 2011. A sold out crowd, many of which die hard fans, shuffled in to see the eclectic artist perform. The atmosphere was “cupid” friendly as many were coupled up - proving this show to be a truly effective thing to do for Valentines day.
Theophilus was preceeded by two acts, PoPo and New Look - both receiving numerous applause and acclaim from the already warmed up crowd. New Look was especially welcomed as the band performed many songs which got the crowd moving and in good spirits.
Already known as a great act, London recently had come off recording his first national debut performance on popular late night TV show, Letterman. Theophilus occasionally joked how we, the fans, were not going to be able to watch this - however it was much more fulfilling to see him in person. London performed many of hits hits from his previous mixtapes, This Charming Mixtape and I Want You along with most of his most recent venture, Lovers Holiday. London even brought out fellow WBR signee, Sara Quinn, to accompany him on the lead track, “Why Even Try”. While it was evident that his new EP was initially the main focus, he delved into his deep collection to keep all of his “day one” fans happy. Even holding a 15 minute encore in which he performed two songs (notably, “Always Love You”).
Theophilus understands how to work a crowd and did a very good job at keeping everyone engaged with each song during his performance. Even playing matchmaker and calling two people on stage to generate a connection that had the crowd in a frenzy. Attendees of the show were lucky to hear him perform a few cuts off his upcoming album (which is currently untitled.) From the few songs he performed, it seems as if his new album is going to exceed the high bar he has already set for himself.
Written by JookS on 02/17/11
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.