The Road to A3C: Shane Eli
DJBooth is proud to announce that the Shane Eli will be rocking on our stage for this year's A3C Festival in Atlanta. Born in Canada and raised in both the Bahamas and L.A., Shane Eli is a producer, rapper, songwriter, music instructor and modern day renaissance man. After graduating college on a football scholarship, Eli decided to devote his time and energy to producing music. A self-taught musician with no formal training, he draws on his diverse background and an eclectic music collection – ranging from Ella Fitzgerald to The Clash to Danger Mouse - to craft his distinct and highly versatile sound.
Shane Eli has released two independent albums, The Push and I Can Do Better, which he wrote, performed and produced entirely by himself. His music has been placed on episodes of CSI, Friday Night Lights and No Ordinary Family, he completed an original score for the independent British feature film Pulp. As a producer and songwriter Eli has worked with artists ranging from Diggy Simmons - son of hip-hop royalty Reverend Run of RUN DMC - to six-time Grammy Award winning funk legends, Earth, Wind & Fire.
DJBooth Hosted Projects: The Push, I Can Do Better, Better Beats: The ICDB Instrumentals
What Are You Most Excited About for A3C?
"I’m looking forward to being in Atlanta first and foremost, I’ve never been and I’ve heard such good things about the city. As for A3C, I’m looking forward to taking the stage and giving the people something with some energy, but I’m also excited to see a lot of my favorite new artists do their thing. This is like Hip Hop Woodstock I've heard, so I'm happy to be a part of it."
If you'll be in the Atlanta area on Friday, October 7, you'll want to check out DJBooth's A3C stage, featuring Big K.R.I.T., Pill, Jean Grae, Saigon and many more. For all things A3C, including information on purchasing passes, check out A3CFestival.com.
Want to head over to A3C but don't have the cash? We got you covered. Simply hop on Twitter and tell us why you should win a free pass to A3C, be sure to include #DJBoothA3C, and you're automatically entered to win one of three free passes.
Artists On the Road to A3C:
DJ Burn One
The League of Extraordinary Gz
Written by Nathan S. on 09/26/11
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.