The Road to A3C: Aleon Craft
DJBooth is proud to announce that the Aleon Craft will be rocking on our stage for this year's A3C Festival in Atlanta. Like many before him, Aleon Craft has traveled far and experienced a lot. Music has taken Craft across the US, Planet Earth and Galaxy. In 2005 his group Da Backwudz caught the eye of Atlanta super-producer Dallas Austin. Impressed with what he heard, Dallas signed Da Backwudz to a record deal with his label, Rowdy Records. Though the resulting album achieved a certain level of success, and propelled Da Backwudz into the national spotlight, Craft found himself, like many before him, abandoned by the music industry machine and without a musical direction.
In the years that followed Craft experimented with other artists, but ultimately decided to navigate the journey as a solo artist, which allowed him to create his own style and genre of music…Solar-Hop. Today, when Craft is not in traveling the galaxy looking for new inspiration or spending time with his family and loved ones, he is experimenting with music and chronicling his stories: “I just want to make a living making songs. Whatever doors open up from me doing music, I’ll most definitely walk through them proudly."
DJBooth Hosted Projects: The Stargazing Soundtrack.
What Are You Most Excited About for A3C?
"Due to the fact that I'm a fan of music first, I'm most excited about just simply being around the music. Music is life. My life."
If you'll be in the Atlanta area on Friday, October 7, you'll want to check out DJBooth's A3C stage, featuring Big K.R.I.T., Pill, Jean Grae, Saigon and many more. For all things A3C, including information on purchasing passes, check out A3CFestival.com.
Want to head over to A3C but don't have the cash? We got you covered. Simply hop on Twitter and tell us why you should win a free pass to A3C, be sure to include #DJBoothA3C, and you're automatically entered to win one of three free passes.
Artists On the Road to A3C:
DJ Burn One
The League of Extraordinary Gz
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/11
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.