The Pack “Based Boys” LP Stream! “Based Boys” in Stores October 30th
New York, NY -- Jive Records recording artist, The Pack, who created one of the most original and infectious songs of last year with "Vans," a song that Rolling Stone selected top 5 in their “100 Best Songs of 2006” round-up , are set to take it one step further with their debut full length album BASED BOYS. Always the trendsetters, The Pack defy classification by creating the genre that they call "based music". Their influence can be felt throughout the hip hop landscape - from kids in every hood embracing skate fashions, to Swizz Beat's own twist on their signature sound with his hit "Money In The Bank". These boys are ahead of the curve.
BASED BOYS is 17 tracks of body moving rhythms produced mostly by in house production whiz - Young L. The album also features production from Mr. Collipark (Ying Yang Twins, Bubba Sparxx), DJ Speedy (Young Jeezy) and Pit (Shop Boys - "Party Like A Rockstar"). The first single "In My Car" picks up right where "Vans" left off with the video helmed by MTV VMA nominated director Dale "Rage" Resteghini (Souljia Boy, Jim Jones, Young Berg).
The Pack's infectious personalities, sheer talent and youthful charisma have earned them much acclaim in a very short time. Their enormous online fan-base - over 17 million plays on Myspace and millions of YouTube views - has translated into more mainstream attention. MTV added "I'm Shinin" to its Elite 8 based solely on the fact that The Pack was one of the most popular groups on it's website. So popular in fact, that their episode of "You Hear It First" was the most viewed/downloaded show in MTV.com history. The low-budget video that was originally shot only for YouTube quickly became the #1 video on MTV2! They have had more requests for MTV's Super Sweet 16 than any other group - filming 3 different episodes already, including Chris Brown's special edition Super 18. Publications like Spin, Blender, XXL, Vibe and Thrasher have all done features on them - all without a full album out.
The anticipation will be over on 10/30 when The Pack release BASED BOYS on Jive Records. If the present buzz is any indication of things to come, the sky's the limit for these four teens. Catch them on tour with Gym Class Heroes this fall.
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/07
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.