From 50 Cent to A$AP Rocky, Listen to “The Introduction” (RDIO Playlist)
The DJBooth has partnered with music subscription service Rdio to bring our readers exclusive, streaming playlists over the course of October and November. For our second collection, we decided to look back at the moment some of rap's biggest names went from unknown local acts to global phenomenon's. From 50 Cent's In Da Club to Eminem's My Name Is, The Introduction chronicles a moment in hip-hop history.
Rdio is the premier ad-free music subscription service, available on the web and for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone mobile devices. The service boasts more than 18 million songs, from massive hits to rare gems and cult classics, with new music added every week. Following friends, tastemakers, critics and even artists allows users to expand their musical horizons. At any time, subscribers can check out their connections' favorite albums, or explore their playlists. It's human powered music discovery.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/19/12
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.