From 50 Cent to A$AP Rocky, Listen to “The Introduction” (RDIO Playlist)
The DJBooth has partnered with music subscription service Rdio to bring our readers exclusive, streaming playlists over the course of October and November. For our second collection, we decided to look back at the moment some of rap's biggest names went from unknown local acts to global phenomenon's. From 50 Cent's In Da Club to Eminem's My Name Is, The Introduction chronicles a moment in hip-hop history.
Rdio is the premier ad-free music subscription service, available on the web and for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone mobile devices. The service boasts more than 18 million songs, from massive hits to rare gems and cult classics, with new music added every week. Following friends, tastemakers, critics and even artists allows users to expand their musical horizons. At any time, subscribers can check out their connections' favorite albums, or explore their playlists. It's human powered music discovery.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/19/12
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.