The Game Reveals to DJBooth Plans for “L.A.X.” Follow-Up
By Brian “Z” Zisook
Since the release of his second studio album, “The Doctor’s Advocate,” controversial rapper The Game has insisted that he will retire following the release of his forthcoming third album, “L.A.X.,” which is set for release on July 22.
However, in an interview today with DJBooth.net, The Game revealed that he has both a concept and a vision in place for a possible fourth album.
“If the idea that I have comes together, I will consider doing a fourth album,” said the Los Angeles native. “If I can’t get into the studio with the people I want to, and make it happen how I want to, only then I wouldn’t consider it.”
When asked about which collaborators he was referring to and what “idea” he had in place for a fourth project, The Game offered the following explanation.
“My next album was supposed to be this album. But when I started recording [“L.A.X.”] it turned left on me. The next project will be called the D.O.C. or “Diary of Compton.” It will have ten tracks on it, non-listed, no names— just chapters 1 through 10. If I get Dr. Dre, MC Ren, King Tee, DJ Yella, Ice Cube and DJ Quik to help me, not necessarily to rap on it, but to produce and be in my corner, then the D.O.C. will hit stores!”
Streaming audio and a transcribed version of the full interview between host Brian “Z” Zisook and The Game will be available at DJBooth.net beginning tomorrow.
Written by DJ Z on 06/11/08
You Might Like...
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.