The Game, Chingy & Lupe Fiasco To Play Free, Exclusive Shows
Flash Concerts 2006 launched this week with a full schedule of free concerts in 10 cities across the United States featuring major musical acts powered by Cingular Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, and Sony Ericsson. This unique, interactive, live music series utilizes text messaging to notify fans of concert information and to grant admission to the events. All concerts are free and open to the public. The Flash Concerts 2006 schedule kicked off in Atlanta , GA with Yung Joc on Sunday, October 8, 2006 and continues on with a variety of acts including: Chingy, The Game, My Chemical Romance, Lupe Fiasco and more.
“Wireless is of course for people on the go. But more and more, it’s become a great way for music lovers to be in the know,” said David Garver, executive director, segment marketing and sponsorships, Cingular Wireless. “The Flash Concert series is just one more way that we are connecting our customers to all-things music.”
“It's great to give back to the fans by playing a free show,” said Chingy, recording artist.
All of the concerts on the tour are free and open to the public but admission is limited. Music fans can improve their chances for entry by registering. Fans can register to “Get in and Win” by sending a text message to “FLASH” (35274) with their city’s code, which will allow them to receive concert information on their mobile phone. Registrants will receive “Alerts” including: Event details, exclusive invites, VIP access, meet & greets and special music prizing. Entry details, artist information and more can be found at www.flashconcerts06.com or at Cingular Wireless stores.
For the two weeks leading up to each event, everyone who registers will receive spontaneous “Alerts” with opportunities to win admission, VIP access, prizes and more. Limited quantities are available; only the first respondents to alerts will be rewarded.
Cingular customers who register for Flash Concerts 2006 will be automatically entered in the “Flash 5” sweepstakes for a chance to win one of five trips for two to see a Flash Concert in Las Vegas , featuring My Chemical Romance, and other prizes including new Sony Ericsson W810 Walkman Phones, Cingular Gift Cards, Memory Sticks and more. All other wireless users can register for the sweepstakes at www.flashconcerts06.com.
Flash Concerts 2006 is produced by Sony Pictures Television Advertiser Sales. In 2005, Flash Concerts produced a series of free, unannounced-until-the-last-minute concerts performed by 10 hot and emerging music artists in secret locations across the country.
The full schedule of Flash Concerts 2006 is available online at www.flashconcerts06.com. Additional guests and details for New York and Seattle shows will be announced shortly. A partial schedule of events is below.
October 8, 2006
October 11, 2006
October 26, 2006
November 21, 2006
November 24, 2006
December 1, 2006
Flash Concerts™ is a registered trademark of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Written by DJ Z on 10/16/06
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.