The Federation Finally Drop Album, “It’s Whateva”
Brooklyn, NY -- Federation's sophomore album, It's Whateva, is available in stores today. Featuring guest appearances by performers as diverse as Snoop Dogg, drummer/MTV reality star Travis Barker, and even the Walter Hawkins Choir, Federation's second album It's Whateva brings an expanded light into the musical machinations of a group that's committed to avoiding the pigeonholes of the trends it sets while furthering the elastic definition of the hyphy sound.
Federation consists of the trio of Doonie Baby, Goldie, and Stresmatic. They are guided by veteran producer Rick Rock, who has helmed songs by artists such as Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, and E-40. Federation is largely responsible for setting off the hyphy movement in the Bay Area, one of the most significant expressions of musical youth that the region has seen since the Summer of Love. Federation's 2003 debut The Album, which yielded the club and local radio hits "Hyphy" and "Go Dumb," was far ahead of its time for the world, but it galvanized a real movement back home in the Bay Area.
Written by DJ Z on 10/3/07
You Might Like...
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.