The Federation Finally Drop Album, “It’s Whateva”
Brooklyn, NY -- Federation's sophomore album, It's Whateva, is available in stores today. Featuring guest appearances by performers as diverse as Snoop Dogg, drummer/MTV reality star Travis Barker, and even the Walter Hawkins Choir, Federation's second album It's Whateva brings an expanded light into the musical machinations of a group that's committed to avoiding the pigeonholes of the trends it sets while furthering the elastic definition of the hyphy sound.
Federation consists of the trio of Doonie Baby, Goldie, and Stresmatic. They are guided by veteran producer Rick Rock, who has helmed songs by artists such as Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, and E-40. Federation is largely responsible for setting off the hyphy movement in the Bay Area, one of the most significant expressions of musical youth that the region has seen since the Summer of Love. Federation's 2003 debut The Album, which yielded the club and local radio hits "Hyphy" and "Go Dumb," was far ahead of its time for the world, but it galvanized a real movement back home in the Bay Area.
Written by DJ Z on 10/3/07
You Might Like...
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.