The Federation Finally Drop Album, “It’s Whateva”
Brooklyn, NY -- Federation's sophomore album, It's Whateva, is available in stores today. Featuring guest appearances by performers as diverse as Snoop Dogg, drummer/MTV reality star Travis Barker, and even the Walter Hawkins Choir, Federation's second album It's Whateva brings an expanded light into the musical machinations of a group that's committed to avoiding the pigeonholes of the trends it sets while furthering the elastic definition of the hyphy sound.
Federation consists of the trio of Doonie Baby, Goldie, and Stresmatic. They are guided by veteran producer Rick Rock, who has helmed songs by artists such as Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, and E-40. Federation is largely responsible for setting off the hyphy movement in the Bay Area, one of the most significant expressions of musical youth that the region has seen since the Summer of Love. Federation's 2003 debut The Album, which yielded the club and local radio hits "Hyphy" and "Go Dumb," was far ahead of its time for the world, but it galvanized a real movement back home in the Bay Area.
Written by DJ Z on 10/3/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.