The Federation Finally Drop Album, “It’s Whateva”
Brooklyn, NY -- Federation's sophomore album, It's Whateva, is available in stores today. Featuring guest appearances by performers as diverse as Snoop Dogg, drummer/MTV reality star Travis Barker, and even the Walter Hawkins Choir, Federation's second album It's Whateva brings an expanded light into the musical machinations of a group that's committed to avoiding the pigeonholes of the trends it sets while furthering the elastic definition of the hyphy sound.
Federation consists of the trio of Doonie Baby, Goldie, and Stresmatic. They are guided by veteran producer Rick Rock, who has helmed songs by artists such as Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, and E-40. Federation is largely responsible for setting off the hyphy movement in the Bay Area, one of the most significant expressions of musical youth that the region has seen since the Summer of Love. Federation's 2003 debut The Album, which yielded the club and local radio hits "Hyphy" and "Go Dumb," was far ahead of its time for the world, but it galvanized a real movement back home in the Bay Area.
More From The Federation
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.