Termanology Throws “Time Machine” Release Party [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY -- It’s easy to say that Termanology’s grind has been unremitting since the release of his debut album, Politics As Usual, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. A quick trip to the Lawrence, MA rapper's DJBooth artist page offers a overview of the extensive discography that attracted legions of fans to performances in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and countless other stops on his recent international tour. When it comes to getting it in worldwide, the man is a machine.
Last Wednesday, at the East Village's trendy Sutra Lounge, the emcee's NYC fanbase came out in force to celebrate the release of Term's sophomore studio album, Time Machine (Hood Politics VI). Featuring beats by such big names as the Alchemist, DJ Premier and Large Professor, and guest appearances by Crooked I, Akrobatik, Joell Ortiz, and Consequence (to name a few), the LP will see Term painting a dualistic portrait of hip-hop's past and future.
Several of the event's attendees were rocking shirts bearing the name of Quest Tha Young’n, a Boston rapper featured on two of the album's tracks. Quest had ample cause for celebration—in addition to receiving widespread acclaim for Vinny Idol-produced “Stick Up,” (also featuring Sheek Louch), the emcee had a birthday coming up; as he explained to DJBooth.net, “I’m about to be 22 in a couple of weeks, and Term gave me the opportunity to be featured on two tracks. It’s hard to spell my name, but people will remember after this album.”
Fans don't have to wait long to hop on board Termanology's hip-hop time machine—the album is set to drop September 22nd off ST Records.
Written by Erica L. on 08/11/09
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.