Ted Lucas and Slip-N-Slide Ink Deal with Singer/Songwriter Shonie
New York, NY -- Slip-N-Slide Records CEO Ted Lucas, has entered into another deal with LA Reid and Def Jam Records to distribute up-and-coming singer/songwriter Shonie's debut album, Passionate… Pieces of Me.
To date, Shonie has worked with the likes of Trina, Flo Rida, Trick Daddy, Cool & Dre and Jim Jonsin. Recently, she wrote the hook for the current Plies hit "Want It Need It" featuring Ashanti. Shonie's current single, "Can't Let Go" featuring Fabolous, is quickly being added to taste-making Urban and Rhythmic Radio Stations. Her influences include Beyonce, Aaliyah and Betty Wright. Passionate... Pieces of Me will be released in Summer 2009 on Slip-N-Slide Records/Def Jam Records.
Written by richard on 02/5/09
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.