Talib Kweli Notches Career Milstone With #2 Debut On Billboard
New York, NY -- Blacksmith Music/Warner Bros. Records artist Talib Kweli has just scored his highest debut ever-- #2 on the Billboard Top 200 albums chart with his sixth album, EARDRUM, which arrived in stores nationwide on August 21st. The album also debuted at #1 on Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop chart and #1 on the iTunes Hip-Hop/Rap charts.
Kweli's new video for single "Hot Thing" is causing a stir among television outlets for its creative and innovative video concept. "Hot Thing" made its video world premiere on BET's Rap City on August 16th and appeared as a New Joint on BET's 106th & Park on August 22nd. "Hot Thing" is also in rotation on MTV2's Sucker Free Countdown, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, and FUSE among others.
With his career defining album, EARDRUM, The Brooklyn MC mixes hard hitting beats with inventive rhymes that serve to not only entertain, but also to educate. From start to finish EARDRUM delivers career-defining work from Kweli that showcases his advanced lyricism and knack for picking beats that resonate long after the song ends. EARDRUM shows Kweli's versatility ranging from "Hot Thing" produced by and featuring will.i.am to the alluring strings of "Soon the New Day" featuring the sultry vocals of Grammy Award winning jazz artist, Norah Jones to the brassy horns of "Country Cousins" which feature the underground kings of the south, UGK. Other guests on the album include: Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, KRS-ONE, Musiq Soulchild, and Blacksmith artists Jean Grae and Strong Arm Steady.
Written by DJ Z on 08/31/07
You Might Like...
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)