From Charli XCX to Hyuna, Even More SXSW Artists to Watch For
Today music lovers from across the globe start touching down in Austin, Texas, for the world's biggest and most extensive music festival, SXSW. For the next seven days literally thousands of artists will be hitting stages across the city, which is both a blessing and a curse. With so many options, how can you possibly know who's worth their time?
So while you can always trust The DJBooth to steer you in the right direction hip-hop wise, we've turned to our friends at Pepsi to supply some broader suggestions from across the sonic landscape. From English sensation Charli XCX to Korean popstars like Hyuna to Toronto groups that couldn't possibly be confined to a single genre like BADBADNOTGOOD, this is a list for those truly willing to stray from their music comfort zone and check out the next big thing.
As they write, SXSW is now the "epicenter of emerging (and already emerged) talent," so before you hit the streets of Austin, be sure to expand your musical horizons and check out Pepsi's list of 2014 SXSW Artists to Watch.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/10/14
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.