From Charli XCX to Hyuna, Even More SXSW Artists to Watch For
Today music lovers from across the globe start touching down in Austin, Texas, for the world's biggest and most extensive music festival, SXSW. For the next seven days literally thousands of artists will be hitting stages across the city, which is both a blessing and a curse. With so many options, how can you possibly know who's worth their time?
So while you can always trust The DJBooth to steer you in the right direction hip-hop wise, we've turned to our friends at Pepsi to supply some broader suggestions from across the sonic landscape. From English sensation Charli XCX to Korean popstars like Hyuna to Toronto groups that couldn't possibly be confined to a single genre like BADBADNOTGOOD, this is a list for those truly willing to stray from their music comfort zone and check out the next big thing.
As they write, SXSW is now the "epicenter of emerging (and already emerged) talent," so before you hit the streets of Austin, be sure to expand your musical horizons and check out Pepsi's list of 2014 SXSW Artists to Watch.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/10/14
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.