From Charli XCX to Hyuna, Even More SXSW Artists to Watch For
Today music lovers from across the globe start touching down in Austin, Texas, for the world's biggest and most extensive music festival, SXSW. For the next seven days literally thousands of artists will be hitting stages across the city, which is both a blessing and a curse. With so many options, how can you possibly know who's worth their time?
So while you can always trust The DJBooth to steer you in the right direction hip-hop wise, we've turned to our friends at Pepsi to supply some broader suggestions from across the sonic landscape. From English sensation Charli XCX to Korean popstars like Hyuna to Toronto groups that couldn't possibly be confined to a single genre like BADBADNOTGOOD, this is a list for those truly willing to stray from their music comfort zone and check out the next big thing.
As they write, SXSW is now the "epicenter of emerging (and already emerged) talent," so before you hit the streets of Austin, be sure to expand your musical horizons and check out Pepsi's list of 2014 SXSW Artists to Watch.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/10/14
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.