SxStPatricksDay [Wiz Khalifa Live At Fader Fort]
You know that feeling when your stomach is churning and you realize you're extremely hungry yet aren't even motivated to get up? Oh, wait, that's called a hangover right? Well bad decisions run amuck in these Austin skreets (that's slang....for streets).
My Thursday started out with seeing the homies TiRon and Ayomari, plus their manager Mario, at the same hotel I happened to be staying at. It's about 1pm at this point and they had been waiting for a cab so I told them to carpool with my crew. 6 of us in a full size car and a 10 minute drive later we arrived at Fader Fort for Day 2. Oh yeah, not only was it St. Patricks Day but also my 23rd anniversary of being alive. Few drinks later and a couple games of ping pong (should've taken a picture for ya'll) and we dipped out.
Throughout the day checked out various venues (most of them food venues) and even coming back to Fader Fort to see Wiz Khalifa close the night out. After that headed to Peckerheads to check out Ruby Hornet's Closed Sessions showcase. Various performers throughout the night including Esso and Outasight, but I must admit my favorite ones that night were Stalley and Scheme. I had never listened to Scheme's music but was impressed with his performance (this is the reason SxSW is awesome, you have to explore and check out new artists).
Wasn't able to stay for the headliners Yelawolf and Blu but I can only believe they put on great performances.
Today's schedule is partly up in the air, however if you are in Austin come to the DJBooth and 2Dopeboyz showcase, The Rising, from 12pm-6pm at The Dizzy Rooster (306 E. 6th)!
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/18/11
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.