Swizz Beatz Previews New Album In NYC (Exclusive Coverage)
Article by Mikey Fresh
New York, NY -- The summer is a time when Hip-Hop anthems become synonymous with booze-filled memories of crazy cook-outs and late nights at the club. Recognizing his own powerful presence and the general thirst that fans have for his riot starting music, Swizz Beatz aka The Monster has attacked the of summer of 2007 with a barrage of club bangers such as “It’s Me Bitches!”, “Money In The Bank”, and most recently “Top Down.”
Taking a cool summer night off, The Monster gave a few journalists, fans, groupies, and close friends a preview of what he calls the One Man Band Man. In the heart of NYC’s trendy Soho district boisterous tracks like “Here Comes Big Muny” and “Come and Get Me” featuring protégé Cassidy blared in the offices of Iced Media.
While the theme of most of the album revolves around Swizz’s usual slick talk and swagger bragging; the monotonous subject matter is tolerable through Swizz’s trademark production style. Swizz has been one of the few New York producers to successfully expand his career from behind the boards into the spotlight.
Keeping guest appearances minimal, the highlight of the album comes from a surprise collaboration with Rock band Coldplay. The result is “Part of the Plan,” where Swizzy proves he can do more then get you dancing.
After a couple of Rum and Pinapples, the One Man Band Man gleefully asked everyone their opinion on his new music video, “ I need the truth yall, I’m bringing this up to 106 and Park tomorrow.” Furiously rapping every word to his songs and feeding off the crowd’s reaction, the transformation into his alter-ego the Monster was evident.
The summer doesn’t look like it is over quite yet, because there’s an album on the way that will make sure you “Keep Bopping,” forget about all the “Money Azz Hataz,” and “Take a Picture” before all is said and done.
Written by Mikey Fresh on 08/1/07
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.