Jake One and Freeway Campaign for “The Stimulus Package” at NYC Listening Party [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, N.Y. -- Jake One and Freeway have been on an active mission to bring the people what they want: inspirational beats and rhymes. The Philly Freezer was in his element Thursday night, thanks to the snowstorm that had taken place the day before his and Jake One's Stimulus Package listening party, held at Iced Media.
Jake One and Free's collaborative album showcases the unique talents of an ever-hungry emcee and a well-versed producer, offering insight into the the creative evolution each has gone through as well as showcasing their nostalgia for hip-hop's past. Free's former State Property affiliates, Beanie Sigel, Omillio Sparks and Young Chris leave their mark on the project. Raekwon, Latoya Williams, Birdman and Bun B also make noteworthy guest appearances.
On "Microphone Killa," Freeway and Young Chris serve up 90s b-boy grittiness over Jake One's throwback boardwork. "Never Gonna Change" finds Free painting a lyrical portrait of the never-ending trials and tribulations faced by inner-city natives.
True to its name, the project offers plenty to stimulate and entertain fans of pure, street oriented hip-hop. The Stimulus Package hits stores Tuesday, February 16.
Written by Erica L. on 02/15/10
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.