Jake One and Freeway Campaign for “The Stimulus Package” at NYC Listening Party [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, N.Y. -- Jake One and Freeway have been on an active mission to bring the people what they want: inspirational beats and rhymes. The Philly Freezer was in his element Thursday night, thanks to the snowstorm that had taken place the day before his and Jake One's Stimulus Package listening party, held at Iced Media.
Jake One and Free's collaborative album showcases the unique talents of an ever-hungry emcee and a well-versed producer, offering insight into the the creative evolution each has gone through as well as showcasing their nostalgia for hip-hop's past. Free's former State Property affiliates, Beanie Sigel, Omillio Sparks and Young Chris leave their mark on the project. Raekwon, Latoya Williams, Birdman and Bun B also make noteworthy guest appearances.
On "Microphone Killa," Freeway and Young Chris serve up 90s b-boy grittiness over Jake One's throwback boardwork. "Never Gonna Change" finds Free painting a lyrical portrait of the never-ending trials and tribulations faced by inner-city natives.
True to its name, the project offers plenty to stimulate and entertain fans of pure, street oriented hip-hop. The Stimulus Package hits stores Tuesday, February 16.
Written by Erica L. on 02/15/10
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.