Speeknot Mobstaz “Mobstability II: Nation Bizness” Receives New May 27 Street Date
New York, NY -- The Speedknot Mobstaz’s new album, Mobstability II: Nation Bizness, has a new street date of May 27th, 2008.
Their new single, “Money To Blow,” featuring platinum artist Twista, is climbing up the urban radio charts. The video for the single will be coming soon.
The Speedknot Mobstaz are a two emcee collective consisting of Liffy Stokes and Mayz. Liffy and Mayz met Twista early on in their native Chicago, and when they all found themselves in the same studio while Twista was recording his Atlantic debut, Adrenaline Rush, the Speedknot Mobstaz were born. The Mobstaz were featured on Adrenaline Rush and also began working on their group album, Mobstability, which was released in 1998. Mobstability was well received by fans and painted vivid images of Crook County (Cook County) street life over grimy instrumental canvasses. Mobstability ultimately sold over 700,000 units and was certified gold by the RIAA. The album also produced “In Your World,” which was featured on the Dr. Doolittle soundtrack.
Mobstability II: Nation Bizness features Twista and rap superstar Jim Jones, plus production from Chicago producer Cuzzo and the team from China White Productions. This release is the first under Twista’s new entrepreneurial venture and label Get Money Gang (GMG). Liffy and Mayz are ready to serve their fans with another dose of street knowledge. “The album is the streets just like the first one was,” says Mayz. “We don’t have to create a fake image; we just have to let our soul speak to the people.”
For updates on music and touring, visit www.myspace.com/4speedknotmobstaz
Written by DJ Z on 04/12/08
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.