Speeknot Mobstaz “Mobstability II: Nation Bizness” Receives New May 27 Street Date
New York, NY -- The Speedknot Mobstaz’s new album, Mobstability II: Nation Bizness, has a new street date of May 27th, 2008.
Their new single, “Money To Blow,” featuring platinum artist Twista, is climbing up the urban radio charts. The video for the single will be coming soon.
The Speedknot Mobstaz are a two emcee collective consisting of Liffy Stokes and Mayz. Liffy and Mayz met Twista early on in their native Chicago, and when they all found themselves in the same studio while Twista was recording his Atlantic debut, Adrenaline Rush, the Speedknot Mobstaz were born. The Mobstaz were featured on Adrenaline Rush and also began working on their group album, Mobstability, which was released in 1998. Mobstability was well received by fans and painted vivid images of Crook County (Cook County) street life over grimy instrumental canvasses. Mobstability ultimately sold over 700,000 units and was certified gold by the RIAA. The album also produced “In Your World,” which was featured on the Dr. Doolittle soundtrack.
Mobstability II: Nation Bizness features Twista and rap superstar Jim Jones, plus production from Chicago producer Cuzzo and the team from China White Productions. This release is the first under Twista’s new entrepreneurial venture and label Get Money Gang (GMG). Liffy and Mayz are ready to serve their fans with another dose of street knowledge. “The album is the streets just like the first one was,” says Mayz. “We don’t have to create a fake image; we just have to let our soul speak to the people.”
For updates on music and touring, visit www.myspace.com/4speedknotmobstaz
Written by DJ Z on 04/12/08
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.