Souljaboytellem.com, Debut Album From Rap Phenom Soulja Boy Tell’em, Out Today
Santa Monica, CA -- The debut album from 17-year-old phenom Soulja Boy Tell'em -- who Billboard calls "this year's 'it' rapper" -- will be released by ColliPark Music/Interscope Records on Tuesday, October 2.
Souljaboytellem.com features the street anthem "Crank That (Soulja Boy)," which first rocketed to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 as a digital single in early September and became the #1 Master Tone in the country. The New York Times says it might be "the most viral song of the decade." Most recently, the song even one-upped Kanye West's "Stronger" by retaking the #1 Hot 100 spot thanks to digital sales of more than 183,000 copies in just one week (Billboard, October 6 issue).
Fitting in with Soulja Boy's New Media vibe, also premiering October 2nd is Soulja Boy TV (SBTV), a free mobile television WAP (wireless application protocol) site, which allows users to access a web browser from their mobile phone. Viewers will be able to follow on their cellphones their favorite new hip-hop star in exclusive bi-weekly episodes as he travels around the world promoting the album. SBTV is available on any of 200-plus MobiTV compatible devices via carrier networks throughout the U.S.
"MobiTV gives me the chance to show my fans what I'm up to every other week, how cool is that?" First, I marketed my music to the world using the internet, now you catch up with me on your mobile phone to find out what I'm going to bring you next!" exclaims Soulja Boy Tell'Em. "Go get my album souljaboytellem.com in stores now."
MobiTV, Inc. is the leading provider and platform for content delivery over mobile and broadband networks, delivering live television, premium and primetime programming, video-on-demand, satellite and digital music services from the top broadcast and cable television networks and major music labels to millions of users worldwide. For a list of participating carriers and compatible handsets, please visit www.mobitv.com/.
Written by DJ Z on 10/2/07
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.