The DJBooth & BeatStars Present: Song Star 2 [Contest]
New York, N.Y. -- BeatStars has partnered with The DJBooth to present the second installment in their Song Stars contest series, in which current and aspiring songwriters showcase their talents in hopes of a scoring a beat license from a heavyweight producer. This time around, the instrumental in question comes courtesy of Grammy-winning beatsmith Focus... For your chance to win a non-exclusive beat license and $500 cash (one second-place winner will also receive a license), simply download the instrumental at the link below, record your own vocals over the track, and follow the instructions to submit your finished record. Submissions will be accepted up until February 4, at which point the competition will be opened up to a public vote.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
You Might Like...
- Contest Closed: Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.