The DJBooth & BeatStars Present: Song Star 2 [Contest]
New York, N.Y. -- BeatStars has partnered with The DJBooth to present the second installment in their Song Stars contest series, in which current and aspiring songwriters showcase their talents in hopes of a scoring a beat license from a heavyweight producer. This time around, the instrumental in question comes courtesy of Grammy-winning beatsmith Focus... For your chance to win a non-exclusive beat license and $500 cash (one second-place winner will also receive a license), simply download the instrumental at the link below, record your own vocals over the track, and follow the instructions to submit your finished record. Submissions will be accepted up until February 4, at which point the competition will be opened up to a public vote.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
You Might Like...
- Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.