The DJBooth & BeatStars Present: Song Star 2 [Contest]
New York, N.Y. -- BeatStars has partnered with The DJBooth to present the second installment in their Song Stars contest series, in which current and aspiring songwriters showcase their talents in hopes of a scoring a beat license from a heavyweight producer. This time around, the instrumental in question comes courtesy of Grammy-winning beatsmith Focus... For your chance to win a non-exclusive beat license and $500 cash (one second-place winner will also receive a license), simply download the instrumental at the link below, record your own vocals over the track, and follow the instructions to submit your finished record. Submissions will be accepted up until February 4, at which point the competition will be opened up to a public vote.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
You Might Like...
- Vote for the Winner of TheDrumBroker.com & DJBooth.net’s “Uncut Raw” Remix Contest!
- TheDrumBroker.com x DJBooth.net “Uncut Raw” Remix Contest
- Contest Closed: Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.