Snoop Dogg Teams up with MTV for New Talk Show, Forthcoming Album, and “Rock Band” Placement
New York, NY -- MTV and rapper, icon, record producer, entrepreneur and actor Snoop Dogg have announced a global deal that will bring the entertainer's personality to television in a new variety talk show, Dogg After Dark, as well as bringing his music to fans via a new album and placement on future entries in the Rock Band® video game series.
Starting Tuesday, February 17th at 9pm ET/PT, Snoop Dogg will host Dogg After Dark from Los Angeles hotspot Kress on Hollywood Boulevard. Dogg After Dark will bring his Doggystyle swagger to the airwaves with raw interviews with A-list celebrities and musicians, hilarious sketch-comedy segments and musical performances from the hottest artists. The show will air every Tuesday night for seven weeks and feature Snoop's own in-house band, the Snoopadelics.
The Grammy Award-nominated rapper's unprecedented deal with MTV will let loose Snoop Dogg's forthcoming album, Malice In Wonderland, with global distribution, marketing and promotion. The album, which will feature production by Dr Dre, Pharrell and Lalo Schifrin, is scheduled to be released later this year. In addition, songs from Snoop Dogg's impressive catalogue of hits will be included in future entries of MTV's Rock Band® video game series.
Written by richard on 02/10/09
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.