Snoop Dogg Teams up with MTV for New Talk Show, Forthcoming Album, and “Rock Band” Placement
New York, NY -- MTV and rapper, icon, record producer, entrepreneur and actor Snoop Dogg have announced a global deal that will bring the entertainer's personality to television in a new variety talk show, Dogg After Dark, as well as bringing his music to fans via a new album and placement on future entries in the Rock Band® video game series.
Starting Tuesday, February 17th at 9pm ET/PT, Snoop Dogg will host Dogg After Dark from Los Angeles hotspot Kress on Hollywood Boulevard. Dogg After Dark will bring his Doggystyle swagger to the airwaves with raw interviews with A-list celebrities and musicians, hilarious sketch-comedy segments and musical performances from the hottest artists. The show will air every Tuesday night for seven weeks and feature Snoop's own in-house band, the Snoopadelics.
The Grammy Award-nominated rapper's unprecedented deal with MTV will let loose Snoop Dogg's forthcoming album, Malice In Wonderland, with global distribution, marketing and promotion. The album, which will feature production by Dr Dre, Pharrell and Lalo Schifrin, is scheduled to be released later this year. In addition, songs from Snoop Dogg's impressive catalogue of hits will be included in future entries of MTV's Rock Band® video game series.
Written by richard on 02/10/09
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.