Snoop Dogg Out On Bail After London Airport Arrest
MTV.com--- Snoop Dogg was released on bail Thursday (April 27) after being arrested the night before following a brawl at London's Heathrow Airport.
The rapper has not been charged and will return at a later date, his attorney, Peter Binning, told The Associated Press in London.
Binning declined to reveal the amount posted for bail and police did not immediately comment, but the attorney said Snoop left straight for South Africa to honor concert commitments.
Snoop and five other men were arrested after a fight broke out as police were escorting the rapper and his entourage through the airport.
Seven police officers suffered minor injuries, including a fractured hand, while answering the call to deal with a disturbance in the British Airways lounge.
"At approximately [6 p.m.] on Wednesday, police were alerted to a group of approximately 30 people causing a disturbance in a business lounge at Terminal 1 of Heathrow Airport," reads a police report on the incident, supplied to MTV News by Scotland Yard. "We understand that the group had been told by an airline that they would not be permitted to board a flight. Officers attended the scene and attempted to direct the group to baggage reclaim. Members of the group then became abusive and pushed officers."
Richard Goodfellow, a spokesperson for British Airways, told AP that the fracas started when members of Snoop's entourage were denied entry into the first-class lounge because some of them were flying economy class.
"We took the decision to offload the party and refuse them travel," Goodfellow said, noting that Snoop and the entourage have been forever banned by the airline. "That sort of behavior will not be tolerated."
Snoop's appearance Thursday will be rescheduled, Binning said, but the rapper will join Sean Paul, Rihanna and Marion at the other Peoples' Celebration Concerts on Saturday in Durban and Monday in Capetown.
Written by DJ Z on 04/30/06
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.