Slip-N-Slide Records Scores Huge Week at Billboard 200
New York, N.Y. -- Slip-N-Slide Records, the #1 independent label in South Florida and one of the most influential record labels in the industry, has achieved even greater success this week with one of its artists: Hip Hop Superstar Plies whose debut album “THE REAL TESTAMENT” came in at #2 on the Billboard 200. The album features the smash hit single “Shawty (Feat. T-Pain). Plies is hailed as "one of the realest you will ever know," and has already established a phenomenal underground and street presence on the strength of his infamous mixtapes and live show. The ringtone for “Shawty” is also the #1 Ringback tone on T-Mobile’s “Top 25,” while climbing to #3 on Billboard’s “Hot RingMasters” chart. The video for “Shawty” is also #1 on BET.
Slip-N-Slide Records “Home of the Hits” will continue to make its mark on the charts with upcoming releases by such notable artists as Rick Ross (“Trilla” – 11/11/07 Slip-N-Slide Records/Def Jam); the first lady of Slip-N-Slide Records Trina (“Da Baddest Chick Part 2 Reloaded” 2/18/08 Slip-N-Slide Records); Trick Daddy (Album Title TBD: Slip-N-Slide Records/Atlantic 2008) and Dirtbag (“Dirty Business” Slip-N-Slide Records 2008 ). Slip-N-Slide Records will also release a greatest hits compilation album in 2008. Slip-N-Slide Records is currently working on expanding their music roster within the Rock and R&B spectrum.
Says Ted Lucas, “Slip-N-Slide Records has an amazing history with Trina, Trick Daddy, Rick Ross, Duece Poppi, Dritbag and now Plies that stands firmly on tradition, values and standards. We want to take our enormous history and make a bigger impact for years to come.”
Written by DJ Z on 08/17/07
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.