Slim Shady is Back May 19 with “Relapse,” Followed By Sequel Before Year’s End
Santa Monica, CA -- Eminem, the biggest selling music artist of the decade, officially announced the street date of his first original studio album in over four years. Relapse (Interscope/ Aftermath/Shady) will be released on May 19, 2009. The first single from the album and its accompanying video will see a simultaneous release on April 7th.
Anticipation for Relapse has been building since the fall, when Eminem first announced the album title and debuted his, “I’m Having A Relapse” freestyle. Last month, the release of “Crack A Bottle” brought that anticipation to a head. The track soared to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and set a Nielsen SoundScan record for opening week download sales. “Crack A Bottle” will be included as an album track on Relapse.
With the announcement of the release date for Relapse also comes confirmation of something that has been rumored in recent weeks: Eminem is already working on a follow-up album, Relapse 2, that fans can expect in the second half of 2009. "A lot of people were expecting Relapse to drop last year," said Eminem. "I was one of them. Then Dre and I went back in the studio in September for a few days, and that turned into six months. We were on such a roll; we wound up with a ton of new music produced by Dre. Putting out Relapse 2 will let everyone get all of the best stuff."
Written by richard on 03/5/09
You Might Like...
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.