Sleepy Brown, Scar & Janelle Monáe Heat Up the ATL
Atlanta, GA -- Purple Ribbon Entertainment's Sleepy Brown, Scar and Janelle Monáe get set to heat up Atlanta even more at this year's Bronner Brother's International Hair & Beauty Show, as they perform live and sign autographs at the Sophisticate's Black Hair booth (booth #200) on Saturday, August 5th at the Georgia World Congress Center and perform, as well as present awards at the 2006 Icon Awards hosted by actress Elise Neal.
Beautiful songbird Janelle Monae, who was featured in a full-page spread of the July/August issue of Sophisticate's Black Hair and appears in its current issue, will perform and sign autographs from 2:30PM to 3:30PM at the SBH booth. Janelle Monae can also be seen later that night at the 2006 Icon Awards where she will work double-duty performing her self-penned hit single "Lettin' Go" from the critically acclaimed Big Boi Presents...Got Purp? Vol. II compilation, as well as presenting an award to celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson (Angelina Jolie, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Sarah Jessica Parker) alongside Miami Heat's Shandon Anderson. Janelle Monae can also be seen in the new OutKast video "Morris Brown" from the upcoming OutKast CD Idlewild (August 22nd).
From 3:30PM to 4:30PM, silky-smooth Scar will be performing and available for autographs at the Sophisticate's Black Hair booth, as well as entertaining the star-studded crowd at the 2006 Icon Awards later that evening singing two of his many hits, "Morris Brown" and "What Is This." Hailing from Mississippi, Scar rose to R&B fame when Big Boi of OutKast heard his demo tape in the wee hours of the morning and demanded to see the young crooner the very next day. Now a member of the Purple Ribbon Entertainment family, Scar can be heard on the new hit track, "Morris Brown," as well as seen in the innovative Bryan Barber-directed video. Scar recently performed alongside labelmate Sleepy Brown and Big Boi for a taping of the ABC award-winning show The View.
Known as the third member of OutKast, Sleepy Brown, whose debut CD Mr. Brown drops on October 3rd on Purple Ribbon Entertainment/Virgin Records, will be signing autographs at the SBH booth from 5:00PM to 6:00PM. Later that evening, Sleepy Brown will be presenting an Icon Award to business entrepreneur Terri Winston. Sleepy Brown's current sexy summer single, "Margarita" featuring Big Boi and Pharrell, also produced by The Neptunes, is making its way up the charts and will continue to rise as the Anthony Mandler-produced video (Rhianna, Eminem, Sean Paul, Snoop Dogg), which was shot in Spain, tops the video charts, as well. Mr. Brown, is being compared to the likes of Soul legends from the 70's and is also being credited for bringing authentic Soul music back to the forefront.
For More Information On Purple Ribbon Entertainment and its Artists, Please Contact: Tamiko Hope/Purple Ribbon Entertainment/404.350.3332
Written by DJ Z on 08/4/06
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.