Shop Boyz Are Already Platinum
New York, NY -- OnDeck/Universal Republic Records’ breakthrough Atlanta trio, SHOP BOYZ, are rocking the Mastertone and Radio record books with their groundbreaking rock-edged smash single “Party Like A Rockstar.” The sizzling song, which reigns as the multi-genre/multi-format smash of 2007, leaped from #51 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart, soaring all the way to #2 as it also overtook the mobile and digital formats, becoming the fastest mastertone certifications recorded by Billboard Magazine since they began tracking the various mobile music platforms 3 years ago. The explosive single reached the coveted million-ringtone milestone in only six weeks of release.
Currently, the frenzied ‘Party’ sits at #1 on Billboard’s Hot RingMasters Chart, and #2 on Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart. The energetic hit has now reached the top rung of almost every ringtone and wireless carrier chart available, already reigning atop the mobile music rankings of Cingular, Sprint, Jamster, Modtones and Boost. Such digital dominance is virtually unprecedented for a debut artist entering the portable and mobile music market prior to the launch of their album. The SHOP BOYZ’ much anticipated debut effort, ROCKSTAR MENTALITY, is scheduled for release June 19.
“Party Like A Rockstar” has become one of the most memorable genre-mashing singles in hip hop history, a street-meets-rock tour de force that literally has fans crowd surfing in hip hop clubs. Dubbed ‘hood rock’ for the innovative cross-pollination the Shop Boyz have brought to hip hop, some inner city clubs in Atlanta (where the song first exploded) have begun to monitor the song’s play due to the euphoric, non-stop crowd reaction it ignites.
IN STORES JUNE 19
Written by DJ Z on 06/11/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.