Sean P (of The YoungBloodz) Readies Solo Disc For Summer 2007 Drop
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Hip Hop Superstar Sean P (Of the hip hop duo The YoungBloodZ) has officially changed his name to Sean P in anticipation of the summer 2007 release of his debut solo disc on Jive Records. The music which was written by Sean P is being recorded both in Atlanta, Miami and Los Angeles and will feature a number of high profile producers and collaborations.
Sean P’s songwriting skill was recently honored at the 24th Annual ASCAP Awards for “Snap Yo Fingers” a record he co-wrote with E-40 and Lil’ Jon. That single was one of the top hip hop records of the year having been played over 280,000 times on U.S. radio. He was also nominated for another hit, “Do It To It” with Cherish. That single was played nearly 270,000 times with the two songs having surpassed 4.2 billion in audience.
Sean P is now on a 21 day tour entertaining U.S. troops in Asia. The jaunt started April 11 in Tokyo and will include 10 U.S. bases. “Our soldiers are in need of some good ole’ down south Crunk entertainment. Everyday, these guys put their lives on the line for freedom that we take for granted,” said Sean P. “It’s because of them that I have the freedom to do what I do. They are true heroes.” Sean is scheduled to make his third trip abroad to perform for the troops in May. His first trip was in October 2006 he toured Iraq, Kuwait and Bahrain.
Written by DJ Z on 04/26/07
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.