Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Forms Groundbreaking Strategic Alliance With World’s Largest Spirits Company
New York, NY -- Diageo, the world's leading, spirits, wine and beer company, today announced a groundbreaking strategic alliance between Sean "Diddy" Combs and Ciroc vodka. Under the terms of the deal, Combs and Sean Combs Enterprises will take the lead on all brand management decisions for Ciroc, while sharing in the future profits of the growth of the brand. This exclusive US multi-year collaboration, which calls for a 50/50 profit split, is a first for the spirits industry and could be worth more than $100 million for Combs.
"Sean Combs has a proven track record of developing high-end brands and we expect his alliance with Ciroc to follow suit," said Debra Kelly-Ennis, Chief Marketing Officer, Diageo North America. "We are confident that Sean and his team are the right partners to further enhance the luxury profile of Ciroc."
As part of the new alliance, Combs will take the lead on brand management decisions, including marketing, advertising, public relations, product placement and events.
The groundbreaking alliance with Ciroc, one of the world's only vodkas made from grapes, will focus on the "art of celebration," a concept Combs embodies and cultivates both personally and professionally as a lifestyle and entertainment icon. A major component of the initiative will be the commitment to promoting responsible decision-making when it comes to drinking.
"It is an honor and a privilege for me to partner with Diageo on this venture," said Combs. "I pride myself on the company I keep and will only work with the best. My extensive track record as a brand builder ranges from cultivating music careers and creating a lifestyle fashion brand, to launching two signature fragrances and producing a hit television show -- all of which have given me the necessary skills needed to establish a luxury brand. I am confident that this alliance with Ciroc will be a success."
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.