Scion Presents: Walking Back To Houston, May 12th
Los Angeles, CA -- Walking Back To Houston continues Scion's celebration of cutting edge art. The show, curated by Union, features three diverse artists, CLOS, ROB ABEYTA JR and ZY$. Uniquely, only one of the three, Rob Abeyta Jr. has an already established reputation in the traditional art world. He has done graphic design, as well as art directing and design for the likes of NIKE, STUSSY, NEIGHBORHOOD, UNDEFEATED, ADIDAS and numerous music packaging designs ranging from the seminal punk band LOS CRUDOS, to The Transplants, to LA hip hop legends MACK 10, Cypress Hill and DJ Quick.
Carlitos (CLOS) has previously been best known for his work as a tattoo artist, notably as Mr. Cartoon's apprentice, while ZY$ is an underground Tokyo graffiti artist. Walking Back To Houston brings together these artists to present their talents in a new light and setting.
The distinctive name of the show is derived from a Texas no-limit poker hand, the Ace-King. This is usually considered to be a great hand, but if you still end up losing, that's called "walking back to Houston." The curators decided the catchy, but mysterious phrase would fit the concept of the show.
The opening reception takes place May 12th, 7pm-10pm at the Scion Installation LA Gallery, 3521 Helms Ave. (at National), Culver City, CA 90232. The show will remain up through June 2nd.
Scion is the newest line of vehicles from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. Developed with a new generation of youthful buyers in mind, Scion's mission is to provide distinctive products, the opportunity to personalize, and an innovative, consumer-driven process at the retail level. The Scion brand features three groundbreaking models: the all-new xD subcompact five-door; the xB, an urban utility vehicle with an iconic shape; and the tC sports coupe. For more information, visit www.scion.com.
Written by DJ Z on 05/7/07
You Might Like...
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.