Scientest and Professor Seek Formula To Bring Back Real Hip-Hop With “Movement Music”
NEW YORK, NY -- While Hip Hop has become associated with a lifestyle outside of traditional social institutions like universities, two individuals are seeking to pass a different view onto the next generation. On Friday, February 16, 2007, hip hop duo Wade Waters will be taking over Manhattan’s University Neighborhood Middle School for the day.
Wade Waters is comprised of SoulStice and Haysoos. Both artists have Masters Degrees. Haysoos is a Professor in African American Studies at the University of Maryland and SoulStice works as an Electrical Engineer for the Department of Defense at The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab. During the course of the school day, Wade Waters will be speaking with seventh and eighth graders at UNMS about topics ranging from the value of education to hip hop and the creative elements behind the process of writing a song.
The goal of the visit is to get kids motivated to use the tools provided by education in everyday life and as a way to pursue their dreams. Interactive workshops on songwriting will be held with an emphasis on how education feeds the creative process. At the end of the day, Wade Waters will give a performance for the entire school in the UMS assembly hall. The school visit will also serve as a music video for the song, “Movement Music,” the current single from the group’s debut album, Dark Water.
Written by DJ Z on 02/14/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.