Scientest and Professor Seek Formula To Bring Back Real Hip-Hop With “Movement Music”
NEW YORK, NY -- While Hip Hop has become associated with a lifestyle outside of traditional social institutions like universities, two individuals are seeking to pass a different view onto the next generation. On Friday, February 16, 2007, hip hop duo Wade Waters will be taking over Manhattan’s University Neighborhood Middle School for the day.
Wade Waters is comprised of SoulStice and Haysoos. Both artists have Masters Degrees. Haysoos is a Professor in African American Studies at the University of Maryland and SoulStice works as an Electrical Engineer for the Department of Defense at The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab. During the course of the school day, Wade Waters will be speaking with seventh and eighth graders at UNMS about topics ranging from the value of education to hip hop and the creative elements behind the process of writing a song.
The goal of the visit is to get kids motivated to use the tools provided by education in everyday life and as a way to pursue their dreams. Interactive workshops on songwriting will be held with an emphasis on how education feeds the creative process. At the end of the day, Wade Waters will give a performance for the entire school in the UMS assembly hall. The school visit will also serve as a music video for the song, “Movement Music,” the current single from the group’s debut album, Dark Water.
Written by DJ Z on 02/14/07
You Might Like...
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.