Royce 5’9 Inks Deal with One Records, Preps “Street Hop” for First Quarter ‘09
Detroit, MI -- Royce 5'9 and his M.I.C. imprint are teaming up with One Records for the release of Royce's highly-anticipated forthcoming solo LP, Street Hop, due out in the first quarter of 2009. The album is executive produced by DJ Premier. In addition to Premier, Street Hop will feature production from Nottz, Green Lantern, Carlos Broady, Ski, Kay Gee and Emile, as well as guest appearances from Bun B, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, and more.
Royce's mixtapes have built anticipation, becoming a countdown leading up to the day that the actual album is finally available for public consumption. And what the public hears on his wildly-popular mixtapes is just a taste of what Royce has to offer. "This album will definitely show the world why I'm the one to watch right now. I'm happy about my new partnership between M.I.C and One Records, because it's time to ignite the streets."
Royce's unwavering passion for music and hunger for the game keeps him in the studio day and night. Knowing that his finest creations are only months away from being heard, Royce exudes a swag of confidence. "I'm ready to show all these other rappers just how wack they really are."
Royce will be embarking on a tour with D-12 and Joe Budden on November 12th thru the top of 2009, where he will be previewing tracks from Street Hop and new material from his recently released mixtape, Bar Exam 2.
Written by richard on 11/7/08
You Might Like...
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.