Four Of The Most Road Trip Worthy Rap Songs
When it comes to creating playlists, I'm sure a playlist made specifically for a road trip has to be the most difficult. There's a certain formula you have to stick with when it comes to crafting the perfect road trip playlist.
For one, they usually consist of upbeat records. I'm not sure how I'd feel about singing along to the Geto Boys' "My Mind Playing Tricks On Me" while driving on one of those ominous, country roads you only see in slasher movies. Road trip songs also tend to include records everyone's familiar with. So, even though you might want to hear an assortment of Aesop Rock records while riding through the entire states of Texas, there's a good chance your friends won't.
With that being said, inspired by Pepsi's Summer Road Trip playlist, here are a few songs you may want to consider for that next road trip.
Easily one of the best road trip songs since you'll likely reach your destination before the record ends.
What's better than coppin' a bottle of Eight Hour Energy at a sketchy gas station? Going in during Busta Rhymes verse on "Scenario."
If the guy both texting and eating a Big Mac while driving has cut you off on the highway for the 17th time, then channel all your road rage into this Kendrick classic.
What's a road trip playlist without at least one Outkast song? And since it's one of the liveliest of 'Kast songs, you can't go wrong with "B.O.B."
For even more road trip selections that break outside the rap bubble, be sure to check out the "Road Tripping for Summer 2013" playlist.
Written by Danielle H. on 06/11/13
You Might Like...
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.